Category:748 Hydraulics and Drainage
To produce the most practical and flexible design, each hydraulic design aspect and the associated flood frequency must be considered and established based upon the relative risks and costs. The flood frequency establishes a design storm and associated discharge; EPG 748 criteria establish the acceptable level of performance for that event. In lieu of a single “design flood frequency”, the flood frequency associated with each hydraulic design aspect will be shown on the plans, i.e., “backwater design frequency”, “roadway design frequency”, “freeboard design frequency”, etc.
Design exceptions for frequency or criteria are encouraged when they are practical.
Articles in "748 Hydraulics and Drainage"
The following 10 pages are in this category, out of 10 total.
- 748.1 Evaluation of Project Impacts
- 748.2 Roadway Design Criteria
- 748.3 Freeboard
- 748.4 Headwater and Backwater
- 748.5 Matching Existing Structures
- 748.6 High Water Surface Elevation
- 748.7 Bridge Deck and Bridge End Drainage
- 748.7 Bridge Reports and Layouts
- 748.8 Development in Floodplains
- 748.9 Legal Aspects of Hydraulic Design