821.9 Labels and Safety Data Sheets (SDS)
From Engineering Policy Guide
Labels - Information communicated to the user by the manufacturer.
SDS - The safety data sheet (SDS) lists:
- 1. Exposure risks
- 2. Medical treatments
- 3. Minimum PPE requirements
- 4. Other pertinent information
|SDS Online User Guide|
1. Labels are located on all containers
2. SDS are available from manufacturer, the internet, or the 800 number located on the label. They must accompany the product while in storage, being transported or being applied.
Why: Labels and SDS are the best source of information to protect yourself, co-workers, and the public.
What Labels and SDS tell:
- Brand name
- Ingredient statement
- Registration numbers
- Net contents
- Type of pesticide
- Precautionary Statement – DANGER, WARNING or CAUTION
- Directions for use
- Exposure risk
- Medical treatments
- Minimum PPE requirements
- Other pertinent information
|Refer to Crop Data Management System's website for label information|
A. Read the label
B. SDS should be replaced annually to ensure the current copy is on file.
C. Labels shall remain attached to the container.
Go to http://www.cdms.net/LabelsMsds/LMDefault.aspx for label information.