823.1 Prohibited Work Activities for Inmates
From Engineering Policy Guide
Revision as of 12:40, 12 June 2007 by Mastes (add new article)
The following work activities are prohibited for incarcerated personnel, unless prior written approval is obtained from the State Maintenance Engineer.
- Burning of any kind.
- Mingling of inmates and MODOT crews except for supervision, necessary equipment operations and landscape projects.
- Operation of riding equipment without Central Office approval.
- Roadway, shoulder, bridge surface, striping, signing or signal operations
- Trash separation
- Work in interstate rest areas. The rest area may not be closed only to allow incarcerated crew access.
- Work in roadside parks, scenic overlooks or pool parking lots unless the entrance or work area is physically blocked and closed to the public the entire time inmates are within the boundaries.