823.6 General Rules for Inmates
From Engineering Policy Guide
Revision as of 10:20, 8 December 2008 by Mastes (renumber article to add a "new" article)
Now that supervisors understand what is expected of them in this program, there are some general rules for all inmates that MoDOT supervisors should know.
- If the institution does not allow it, neither does MoDOT.
- Inmates are not allowed to converse with the general public, or with any MoDOT staff not directly involved with the work detail.
- Inmate crews from different institutions shall not work on the same detail.
- Inmates are not permitted in MoDOT offices.
- Inmates shall be closely supervised at all times while working in buildings.
- If the facility does not allow inmates to carry personal items, (lighters etc.) back into the prison, MoDOT will not store any items for them.
- Inmates are not allowed to make telephone calls or to talk to the public.
- Inmates are not allowed to go into public places, including drive-through windows; and they are not allowed to purchase anything.
- Inmates are not to have money of any kind.
- Inmates should only minimally be allowed in or around the buildings.
- Inmates are not allowed to operate any licensed vehicles or farm tractors at any time.
- Inmates are not allowed to leave the institution with anything, or bring anything back. This is contraband and will cause the inmate to be reprimanded.
- Inmates are not to alter, deface, damage or destroy any private or state property at any time.
- Inmates shall not operate equipment until they have been shown how to properly operate the equipment.
- Each inmate will have signed the Missouri Department of Corrections safety rules form (MO 931-1294) prior to operating any powered equipment.
- Inmates should review and sign the institution’s safety checklist (if required) before operating a chainsaw, line trimmer, mowers, or any other equipment.