LPA:136.2 Certification and Training
LPA Basic Training
MoDOT offers a four-hour training class designed to meet the requirements for an Elected Official or Full Time Public Employee to serve as an LPA Project Certified Person in Responsible Charge.
This class will cover the basics of consultant selection procedures, record keeping, contract administration, billing, design and construction inspection followed by a short exam. All local public agencies and engineering consultants will be required to have passed this training course to receive federal funds or work on a project with federal funds. The training can be accessed from MoDOT’s LPA Training Opportunities website.
You can find the courses by searching the course number. For questions about these courses, call NHI at 1-877-558-6873.
- 1. FHWA-NHI-142052, Introduction to NEPA and Transportation Decision Making
- 2. FHWA-NHI-141045, Real Estate Acquisition Under the Unifrom Act: An Overview
- 3. FHWA-NHI-134108A, TCCC Highway Plan Reading Basics
- 4. FHWA-NHI-134069, Ethics Awareness in the Transportation Industry
- 5. FHWA-NHI-141047, Local Public Agency Real Estate Acquisition
- 6. FHWA-NHI-134071, Improving the Daily Diary
Refer to EPG 136.11.17 Materials .
- Technician Certification Program
- Construction & Materials
- Phone: 573-522-2742
- Fax: 573-526-0857
- mailto: TCP@modot.mo.gov
The Technician Certification Program informational handout is available.