Difference between revisions of "771.20 Cut and Spray Brush and Vines"
m (→Procedures: minor clarification)
m (771.19 Cut and Spray Brush and Vines moved to 771.20 Cut and Spray Brush and Vines: re-numbered, per BR and MT)
Revision as of 13:11, 10 June 2015
|Code: R414 or R415|
Brush and vines are controlled to provide clear zone for high water and airflow. This also provides safe access for repairs and visual inspections.
Brush cutting may be performed at anytime when labor and workload allow. Winter months are preferred due to lack of foliage and active growth. Brush and vine spraying is accordance with Herbicides and Roadsides.
1. Cut brush as close to ground level as safely possible.
2. Do not leave sharp pointed stumps.
3. Spray or treat all cut stumps.
4. Brush needs to be removed and disposed of properly.
5. Consult EPG 821 Herbicides and Roadsides for proper application to control brush and vines.
When trees are close to power lines, removal should be performed by the utility company or by bonded specialty contractors. Follow proper handling procedures for all herbicides.