Difference between revisions of "821.9 Labels and Safety Data Sheets (SDS)"
m (Per Risk and Benefits, added MSDS Online User Guide)
m (821.9 Labels and Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) moved to 821.9 Labels and Safety Data Sheets (SDS): MSDS is now SDS...no more "Material")
Revision as of 08:27, 23 February 2017
Labels - Information communicated to the user by the manufacturer.
MSDS - The material safety data sheet (MSDS) lists:
- 1. Exposure risks
- 2. Medical treatments
- 3. Minimum PPE requirements
- 4. Other pertinent information
|MSDS Online User Guide|
1. Labels are located on all containers
2. MSDS are available from manufacturer, the internet, or the 800 number located on the label. They must accompany the product while in storage, being transported or being applied.
Why: Labels and MSDS are the best source of information to protect yourself, co-workers, and the public.
What Labels and MSDS tell:
- Brand name
- Ingredient statement
- Registration numbers
- Net contents
- Type of pesticide
- Precautionary Statement – DANGER, WARNING or CAUTION
- Directions for use
- Exposure risk
- Medical treatments
- Minimum PPE requirements
- Other pertinent information
|Refer to Crop Data Management System's website for label information|
A. Read the label
B. MSDS should be replaced annually to ensure the current copy is on file.
C. Labels shall remain attached to the container.