823.6 General Rules for Inmates
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Now that supervisors understand what is expected of them in this program, there are some general rules for all inmates that MoDOT supervisors should know.
- If the institution does not allow it, neither does MoDOT.
- Inmates are not allowed to converse with the general public, or with any MoDOT staff not directly involved with the work detail.
- Inmate crews from different institutions shall not work on the same detail.
- Inmates are not permitted in MoDOT offices.
- Inmates shall be closely supervised at all times while working in buildings.
- If the facility does not allow inmates to carry personal items, (lighters etc.) back into the prison, MoDOT will not store any items for them.
- Inmates are not allowed to make telephone calls or to talk to the public.
- Inmates are not allowed to go into public places, including drive-through windows; and they are not allowed to purchase anything.
- Inmates are not to have money of any kind.
- Inmates should only minimally be allowed in or around the buildings.
- Inmates are not allowed to operate any licensed vehicles or farm tractors at any time.
- Inmates are not allowed to leave the institution with anything, or bring anything back. This is contraband and will cause the inmate to be reprimanded.
- Inmates are not to alter, deface, damage or destroy any private or state property at any time.
- Inmates shall not operate equipment until they have been shown how to properly operate the equipment.
- Each inmate will have signed the Missouri Department of Corrections safety rules form (MO 931-1294) prior to operating any powered equipment.
- Inmates should review and sign the institution’s safety checklist (if required) before operating a chainsaw, line trimmer, mowers, or any other equipment.