Category:728 Corrugated Polyvinyl Chloride Culvert Pipe

From Engineering_Policy_Guide
Revision as of 14:02, 5 September 2007 by Tschid (talk | contribs)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to navigation Jump to search

728.1 Construction Inspection for Sec 728

An inspection of all new installed pipe should be made. It should be tested for the criteria set forth in the Inspection heading in the spec. book for the applicable pipe. The inspector should make sure the pipe is from an approved source and is properly marked. The inspector should not accept any pipe that does not have a MoDOT pipe identification number listed on the bill of lading.

Please note, each type, size, class, etc. of pipe on the bill of lading should have a unique MoDOT identification number. Concrete and metal pipe are inspected at the plant by District Construction and Materials. Plastic pipe is sampled at the project. District Construction and Materials should be contacted when the material arrives on site. Care should be made so that sampling does not leave the contractor short of certain sizes and length of pipe. Both concrete and plastic pipe should have an industry quality control stamp i.e., ACPA or PPI. There will not be a MoDOT OK stamp. Tape measures or other devices can be used for a preliminary measurements for diameter deflection. If the results are in question the mandrel test will serve as the definitive test for deflection. Always make sure that when testing the right measurement unit is used. Pipe can be produced in either English or Metric units. Make sure the measurements are taken in the same units as the pipe was produced. The Qualified List for each type of pipe will indicate the manufacturer's identification mark and the units (English or metric) that was used to fabricate the pipe.

728.2 Material Inspection and Laboratory Testing for Sec 728

See Corrugated Polyvinyl Chloride Culvert Pipe