Talk:127.9 Floodplain Management

From Engineering_Policy_Guide
Revision as of 10:37, 29 August 2019 by Smithk (talk | contribs) (Smithk moved page Talk:127.9 Floodplain Management and the Regulatory Floodway to Talk:127.9 Floodplain Management: Per BR)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Could you explain the meaning of the second to last sentence in 127.9.2? Should the first reference to "regulatory floodway" be changed to "100-year floodplain"?

If there is to be an encroachment into the regulatory floodway, MoDOT must issue a "No-Rise" Certification as required by SEMA to obtain a floodplain development permit that is needed for any encroachment into the 100-year floodplain, regardless of whether it also takes place within the regulatory floodway.

Sam Masters: The short answer to your question is "No, they are not the same". However, your question does illustrate the need to "clarify" the information in this article. I have created a link to another article entitled "748.9 National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP)". This article contains a map which describes the relationship between the "regulatory floodway" and the "100-year floodplain". Further "clarifications" to the 127.9 article are possible in the very near future.