Talk:127.9 Floodplain Management

From Engineering_Policy_Guide
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Could you explain the meaning of the second to last sentence in 127.9.2? Should the first reference to "regulatory floodway" be changed to "100-year floodplain"?

If there is to be an encroachment into the regulatory floodway, MoDOT must issue a "No-Rise" Certification as required by SEMA to obtain a floodplain development permit that is needed for any encroachment into the 100-year floodplain, regardless of whether it also takes place within the regulatory floodway.

Sam Masters: The short answer to your question is "No, they are not the same". However, your question does illustrate the need to "clarify" the information in this article. I have created a link to another article entitled "748.9 National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP)". This article contains a map which describes the relationship between the "regulatory floodway" and the "100-year floodplain". Further "clarifications" to the 127.9 article are possible in the very near future.