132.4 Highway Safety Plan and Performance Plan
This article links to the 2013 Highway Safety Plan (HSP) & Performance Plan that describes how Missouri’s Section 402 State and Community Highway Safety Program grant (plus additional incentive grant funds and Sections 154 and 164 transfer funds) will be used to promote highway safety within our state. The 2013 HSP encompasses the federal fiscal year October 1, 2012 through September 30, 2013.
The HSP is a dynamic, data-driven, performance-based plan allowing for continual review and modification in order to enhance the outcome of our efforts. It discusses:
- safety benchmarks
- timeframes for planning, programming and implementating the HSP
- analysis of traffic crashes
- public information and education
- aggressive, younger and older drivers
- alcohol and other drugs
- occupant restraints
- commercial motor vehicles, motorcycle and school bus crashes
- pedestrians and bicyclists
- traffic engineering and data collection.