Category:823 Incarcerated Personnel Work Release Program
The Incarcerated Personnel Work Release Program is a joint effort between the Missouri Department of Corrections (MDOC) and the Missouri Department of Transportation (MoDOT). This program allows inmates who are nearing their release time valuable job training, while also allowing MoDOT to accomplish tasks that otherwise may not be completed. However, it is not intended that incarcerated crews compete with work performed by MoDOT staff.
These articles provide policies and guidelines for a successful work release program. Policies are defined where the words “shall” or “do not” are used, where guidelines are defined by the word “should.” This material reflects a statewide baseline level of expectations for supervision of incarcerated crews. Districts may have additional policies their employees are expected to follow.
Failure to follow one or more of these expectations may lead to disciplinary action up to and including termination.
|Incarcerated Personnel Work Release Program Manual (pdf. version)
Articles in "823 Incarcerated Personnel Work Release Program"
The following 7 pages are in this category, out of 7 total.
- 823.1 Prohibited Work Activities for Inmates
- 823.2 Guidelines for Determining Who is Eligible to Oversee Incarcerated Crews
- 823.3 Role of MoDOT Supervisors
- 823.4 Dealing with Certain Situations
- 823.5 How to Obtain Assistance
- 823.6 General Rules for Inmates
- 823.7 All in a Day’s Work – Handling the Crew