July 19, 2023
- Revised 616.6 Temporary Traffic Control Zone Devices (MUTCD 6F) to add Type IV Fluorescent Orange, replacing Type IV Orange and Type IX/XI Fluorescent Orange for trim-line and drum-like channelizers. Type IV Fluorescent Orange will provide better visibility and luminance at driver's normal observation angle. Type IX/XI are designed for higher observation angle performance and incur higher costs to the TTCD.
- Revised 1041.7 Polypropylene Culvert Pipe Properties for current AASHTO references concerning polypropylene storm sewer pipe and NTPEP requirement to be placed on the qualified list. 750.7.2 was also updated to clean up some wording to accurately describe which pipe type is allowable for each group of pipe.
- 1017 Slag Cement was revised to better define slag. Slag cement is the industry terminalolgy and intended material.
- Modify referenced ASTM materal standards for HDPE in 1060 Electrical Conduit to accurately reflect use as electrical conduit.
- 1007 Aggregate for Base processes for the Districts and CM Lab are being updated to establish how comparable and non-comparable tests and material will be handled.
- 242.6 Specifying One Pavement Type was updated to change documentation requirements from Design Exception, to file a memo in eProjects. The State Design Engineer and State Construction and Materials Engineer will still need to be informed when one pavement type is specified on a MoDOT contract.
May 1, 2023
Updated Signpost Selection Guide to show "BREAKAWAY REQUIRED" note for applicable entries in the PSST tab.
Revised EPG 722.214.171.124 to always use regular-size and fully stressed prestressing strands for the top two prestressing strands for the purpose of supporting the reinforcement cage. The 3/8” support strands are not sufficiently supporting the reinforcement cage.
April 26, 2023
Due to a new code of federal regulations relating to bridge weight classifications, 903.5.36 has been updated to reflect the changes in signs which will be associated with the new classifications.
April 20, 2023
A revision to Sec 401.7.6 will clarify that the density requirement applies to only unconfined longitudinal joints. EPG 401.2.6 pertaining to this spec has been modified.
Updated EPG 751.10.4 and 751.50 to clarify allowed conduit size and junction box size in concrete barrier Type D, Type H, bridge abutment wing and slab.
Added the reasoning behind the 90 day camber for typical bridge projects in EPG 751.22 and consideration of line sag is necessary to retrieve accurate camber measurements in EPG 1029.2.13.
Updated EPG 7126.96.36.199 clarifying that geotextile is required with Rock Blanket, and now requiring in all installations of Rock Ditch Liner.
Updated EPG 450 to reflect a change in policy to increase minimum lift thicknesses for Superpave and Bituminous Pavement mixes, as per "four times the nominal maximum aggregate size" as recommended by NCHRP study. Additionally, language was added to explain MSCR Graded binders.
Update to current sheeting types in EPG 616.6.
April 18, 2023
References to LRFD specifications for development lengths and splice lengths have been updated to those of the current version of the AASHTO LRFD Bridge Design Specifications.
Articles 751.5 and 7188.8.131.52 have been updated to reflect these changes.
February 9, 2023
Updated EPG 401.2.3 and EPG 403.1.4 so that District Materials may approve mix transfers if the mix quantity per project is 250 tons or less provided the mix type and contract binder grade match what’s listed on the plan sheets or change order.
January 27, 2023
Updated EPG 139 Design-Build
This revision updates the Design-Build guidance and processes for invoice reviews, risk to identify auditing, and other minor revisions.
Updated EPG 134 Engineering Professional Services
Revisions to EPG 134 better emphasize how conflicts of interest are identified, better defines the solicitation and selection process, rating/scoring of consultants, and brings the entire process up to current practices.
January 18, 2023
Revising various specs and EPG articles (EPG 7184.108.40.206, 751.6, 7220.127.116.11, 751.50, 1045) for updates to preferred paint systems. Adding organic zinc coatings and removing calcium sulfonate.
January 10, 2023
Update EPG 903.6.11 Chevron Alignment Sign (W1-8)
December 6, 2022
910.5.1 - Added 2 CFR 200.216 reference on prohibited vendors
November 15, 2022
EPG 131.2 - Removed FHWA and CFR references due to the Changes in 2019 no longer requiring it.
November 01, 2022
Modified EPG 18.104.22.168, EPG 22.214.171.124.6.1, and EPG 126.96.36.199.5.1. Added clarification of the requirement to have LPA preliminary plans reviewed and approved prior to submitting ROW plans for review and approval and provide the approval on a specific memo.
October 24, 2022
EPG Section 403.1 has been revised primarily to incorporate a longstanding separate Word doc, which explained sampling, testing and acceptance procedures for projects with Superpave mixes. Additional revisions were made to update in accordance with current construction and materials specifications.
903.3.4.4 was updated to eliminate redundant 3" pipe post and update capacities.
October 21, 2022
EPG 712.1.5 updated to reflect modified testing requirements for high strength bolts.